We support some of the world’s largest organisations across a variety of sectors. By focussing on people and process, we adapt our Lean improvement methodology to any business or industry across the world to deliver continuous benefit and value.
PAY MECHANISM AND PROCESS DEVELOPMENT
Our client provide facilities management to an estate that spans globally. They maintain buildings to ensure everything runs smoothly for the people who use them.
We were commissioned to provide this client with Programme Management and client engagement support for the renegotiation of their current Hard Services contract, and current ways of working, whilst also providing development support of associated processes to support the agreed changes.
The output of this work is to gain agreement on applied principles, and align critical processes and operational protocols to ensure the client delivered a quality service and successful in meeting set targets in Quality, Service Failure Points, and Financial Penalties
Right First Time score improved from 75% to 98%
A 25% reduction in financial penalties from an average £20,000 to £5,000 per month
Service failure Points reduced from average 1000 points to 410 points per month
Complete end to end standardised process created, agreed and signed off by the Trust
Implementation of new process coupled with training and coaching of all staff
All improvements identified aligned to the Performance Management System and SLA
Efficient operational protocols created in line with proposed new contract and processes
Root Cause Analysis conducted on top 10 performance issues with countermeasures built into the new process
Clear escalation procedures developed so Engineers understand what to do if something goes wrong
Staff fully coached and mentored in how to effectively manage the new process
Handover package created to ensure ownership and sustainability of the new ways of working
Increased communication between management and the leadership team
The client has provided a reactive service, and has never been able to satisfy the demanding requirement of the contract, for reaction and rectification of the high number of facility faults.
This has led to numerous contractual disputes with the Trust and financial penalties being applied as an outcome. Many business hours and more, are spent, reacting to the excessive workloads generated by the accumulation of work due to delayed or non-rectification of jobs, and therefore preventing the natural continuous improvement cycle.
With the full support of relevant client and Trust staff, our team took the following approach;
1. Set up regular meetings with the Trust to gain their buy-in and confidence.
2. Set expectations with all parties to ensure alignment and collaboration throughout.
3. Worked with the Trust and client to establish common ground, wants, and needs.
4. Held workshops with the Trust and client to map out a way forward, identify opportunities, and create the plan.
5. Set a weekly review session to assess progress to plan, issues, and required actions.
1. Engage with all staff and understand their roles within the process, and to gauge how our team could best support.
2. Map the full “reactive job” process from service user call to rectification.
3. Conduct Root Cause Analysis on issues impacting on performance delivery to find robust fixes.
4. Visualise the full process and create a single agreed process.
5. Training and coaching of all staff, supervisors and management, on the single agreed process.
1. Identify the key performance measurable for daily follow.
2. Identify a method to visualise measurables, in a format acceptable to all stakeholders.
3. Set up and support a daily action meeting to review the visualised data and discuss improvement actions.
4. Train and coach in problem solving, problem identification and root-cause analysis.
BEHAVIOURS AND CULTURE
Throughout the whole activity, we have endeavoured to embed a culture of striving to find a better way, with data transparency to see the real current state, good problem solving to identify true root cause, and robust solution implementation to prevent re-occurrence.