We support some of the world’s largest organisations across a variety of sectors. By focussing on people and process, we adapt our Lean improvement methodology to any business or industry across the world to deliver continuous benefit and value.
Our team were invited to review the client’s total costs and prepare a transformational programme to deliver sustainable change that would deliver the required savings.
Our client was operating with an annual turnover of £630million. To ensure their competitive advantage the client was required to deliver a savings plan totalling £125 million over a 5 year period. The client’s previous experience of savings plans was based round delivering short term cost reduction schemes.
Complete savings plan delivered, totalling £125 million over 5 years.
Detailed plan in place to deliver first £25 million in year 1 (representing a programme ROI of 1:120).
Detail project master schedules created for all 78 projects in years 1 & 2.
Newly established internal delivery support team of 8 members in place, with direct links to delivery projects.
Initial programme delivery support provided, ensuring delivery of £8.2 Million of savings in the first 4 months (representing a cashable ROI of 1:34).
- Complete review of all costs undertaken, using internal finance data.
- Benchmarking activity carried out to provide appropriate comparisons.
- Staff engagement, visioning events carried out to identify all potential projects.
- All potential projects mapped against delivery complexity and savings potential to support project prioritisation over the 5 year plan.
- Complete stake holder analysis completed to ensure all parties aligned in delivery of projects.
- Line by line review held with the client of the KM&T Opportunity data base to identify potential new projects.
- High level workstreams identified to enable wider efficiency projects.
- Programme Overview Documents (PODs) created for all high level programmes.
- All individual projects, totalling 78, worked up into detailed Master Schedules, detailing all stages of project delivery.
- Governance structure established to ensure alignment across the organisation and to maintain delivery pace.
- System developed to track the status of all projects and sub projects (420 in total for year 1).
- Detailed savings plans developed over the complete 5 year programme;
Years 1 & 2 in detail, with delivery schedules - Year 3, 4 & 5 in outline
- Established and up-and-running delivery framework for all projects.
- Weekly programme review meetings held around the Programme Management Office “wall”, to review delivery status, measure results and escalate concerns.
- Progress and delivery of “quick win” projects to establish the Transformation Programme and support engagement.
- Delivery phase support with on-track financial savings of £8.2 million in the first