We support some of the world’s largest organisations across a variety of sectors. By focussing on people and process, we adapt our Lean improvement methodology to any business or industry across the world to deliver continuous benefit and value.
EFFICIENT TOWER ERECTION
Our team were engaged to help identify key constraints within the tower erection foundation phase and reduce lead time through identified improvement projects.
This client is a world-class infrastructure services business operating across the infrastructure lifecycle, with leading positions in major markets.
Introduction of formalised communication loop with roles and responsibilities identified.
Reduction of lead time on foundation process from 33 days average to sustained 22
Days average at a saving of circa £50,000 per day.
Relocation of key support roles to on site location.
Production of prioritisation matrix giving a reduction in late deliveries of foundation designs of 56%.
- High levels of downtime due to poor resource allocation.
- Poor communication loop from start to finish process.
- The location of key support departments spread over remote locations.
- Low level of materials / plant auditing, little awareness of actual versus planned on site.
- No accountability back to customer when promised release dates for information and access not achieved.
- High resistance to change from a long established workforce.
- No long term image or plan in place of how to achieve and capture an improved and sustainable method for providing foundations.
- In depth stakeholder engagement, defining current & future state.
- On site real time diagnostics working alongside foundation teams to expose true blockers and root cause.
- Carry out “just do it” improvements on site.
- Plan, deliver and monitor longer term improvement activities.
- Develop implementation plan for roll out across all sectors.
- Full diagnostics allowing for capture of constraints at point of occurrence.
- Communication loop including roles and responsibilities captured.
- Supported improvement activities, with learn by doing approach
- Development and capture of ideal method for foundation process.